What The Volunteers Say...
‘Volunteering at Brunel has enabled me to receive far more myself than I`d ever be able to give back to the Manor. I`ve found a place where my gifts are recognised, welcomed and used to the full.
In this atmosphere of love and acceptance the Holy Spirit has been working to bring healing and restoration to the broken areas of my life’ - Sue Sleigh, from Plymouth
Volunteering At Brunel Manor
We welcome volunteers from many different countries to serve God at Brunel Manor, usually for a period of minimum 6 months and maximum 1 year. With around 18 volunteers at any one time, we are always looking for new volunteers to serve in a variety of different ways.
The areas that you might volunteer in are:
- Housekeeping - cleaning the Manor and preparing guest rooms and public areas for new guests.
- Kitchen - assisting in the cleaning of the kitchen, washing dishes, the general hygiene of the food preparation area, and helping in some basic food preparation.
- Dining Room(s) - serving guests at two or three meals each day and maintaining the efficient running of the restaurant.
- Grounds Maintenance - maintaining our gardens and woodlands for the benefit and enjoyment of our guests.
- Worship and Pastoral Ministry - there may be the opportunity to minister to our guests and team through music and prayer.
- Administration - to assist with answering the phone, simple data entry and filing.
Being part of the Brunel Manor Team is about more than just working through daily tasks and routines. As a volunteer we would expect you to take an active part in the overall life of the Centre, including daily prayer, worship ministry, volunteer bible studies and other team events. We also will encourage you in your personal and spiritual development and provide the necessary practical support and advice as needed as you learn to serve God in this place.
As a volunteer we provide accommodation and all your meals, and we will reimburse reasonable expenses to travel to Brunel Manor and to cover basic living needs while you are here. To help you to serve as a volunteer in our Team, we also provide English classes every week.
We are looking for committed Christians, who want to serve the Lord cheerfully and enthusiastically (2 Corinthians 9:7). If you are interested in applying to come as a volunteer then please email email@example.com so that we can we send you a volunteer application pack.
Your volunteering is valued as an essential part of the ministry of Brunel Manor, and will hopefully be a way forward in building you up in the Christian faith, as well as supporting your personal development.
Currently, due to the additional administrative pressure of the legal requirements and additional expense of taking volunteers from outside the EU, the charity's policy is that volunteers will be recruited only from the EU.
Working holidays are suitable for those who have good agility and mobility. Unfortunately children under the age of 14 cannot participate in working holidays due to safety reasons. Those between the ages of 14 and 18 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times. Volunteers should be able to work between 7 and 8 hours a day.