We welcome volunteers from many different countries to serve God at Brunel Manor, usually for a period of minimum 6 months and typically a maximum of 1 year. With around 18 volunteers at any one time, we are always looking for new volunteers to serve in a variety of different ways.
Typically volunteers will serve in a variety of areas, including:
- Housekeeping - cleaning the Manor and preparing guest rooms and public areas for new guests.
- Kitchen - assisting in the cleaning of the kitchen, washing dishes, the general hygiene of the food preparation area, and helping in some basic food preparation.
- Dining Room(s) - serving guests at two or three meals each day and maintaining the efficient running of the restaurant.
- Maintenance - helping maintain this historic Grade 2 listed building, anything from fixing a dripping tap to decorating and small project work
- Grounds Maintenance - maintaining our gardens and woodlands for the benefit and enjoyment of our guests.
- Worship and Pastoral Ministry - to minister to our guests and team through music and prayer.
- Administration - to assist with answering the phone, simple data entry and filing.
Being part of the Brunel Manor Team is about more than just working through daily tasks and routines. As a volunteer we would expect you to take an active part in the overall life of the Centre, including daily prayer, worship ministry, volunteer bible studies and other team events. We also will encourage you in your personal and spiritual development and provide the necessary practical support and advice as needed as you learn to serve God in this place.
As a volunteer we provide accommodation and all your meals, and, in keeping with HMRC regulations, we will give you a small allowance to cover travel expenses and basic living needs while you are here. For International volunteers to help you serve as a volunteer in our Team, we also provide English classes every week.
We are looking for committed Christians, who want to serve the Lord cheerfully and enthusiastically (2 Corinthians 9:7). If you are interested in applying to come as a volunteer then please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can we send you a volunteer application pack.
Whilst the majority of our volunteers come from within the EU, we do also accept volunteers from elsewhere, however any volunteers from outside of the EU must come via Time for God and any such applicants should first make contact with that organisation and not directly with Brunel Manor.
Your volunteering is valued as an essential part of the ministry of Brunel Manor, and will hopefully be a way forward in building you up in the Christian faith, as well as supporting your personal development.