History of Woodlands House of Prayer
As with every war, there were thousands who endured the rigours of World War II and who were left injured and traumatised. It was for these returning servicemen that Vera Hawkins and Margaret Barbour started a ministry of healing in a property in London in 1942. In providing a place of care and convalescence, the “Woodlands House of Prayer Trust” was born. The ever-expanding ministry moved to larger premises in Eastbourne and then to the beautiful “woodlands” of Brunel Manor on the outskirts of Torquay. The Woodlands House of Prayer (operating as Brunel Manor), where we as the Brunel Team offer “the simple hospitality of welcome”, aims to provide a place of physical and spiritual rest.
Read the inspiring story of how God moved these dear Saints to start this work and how it has developed over the years in our publication entitled .........