Woodlands House of Prayer
Mission statement, objects and basis of faith
The charity was founded in1942 with the mission statement ‘Given to Hospitality’ Romans 12 v 13. The object of the charity was to establish and maintain ‘a home for the purpose of affording the means of physical and spiritual help to those in need.’
When the charity became incorporated in 2014, this mission statement was expanded slightly to become
‘The love of Jesus shown through hospitality’.
- The establishment and maintenance of a home for the purpose of affording the means of physical and spiritual help to those in need.
- To advance the Christian faith in accordance with the Statement in such ways and in such parts of the UK or the world as the directors from time to time may think fit
- The relief of those in need or hardship or distress or who are aged or sick in such parts of the UK or the world as the directors from time to time may think fit
- To advance education in such ways and in such parts of the UK or the world as the directors from time to time may think fit
- To further such other purposes being exclusively charitable according to the laws of England and Wales as the directors may from time to time determine.
What we believe
The trustees and team recognise the oneness of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and we welcome all who declare themselves to be His followers.
We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, the final authority in all belief and practice.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Although God, He became man, died for our sins, rose again, ascended into heaven and will one day personally return.
We believe that forgiveness and eternal life are ours through Him.
We believe that God’s power can be experienced in our lives today through the Holy Spirit.