Terms and Conditions
- Charges are per person per period as stated in the brochure. For residential guests, all prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at the current rate where applicable.
- When making a booking enquiry, rooms are subject to availability. Brunel Manor will confirm your booking in writing once a deposit has been received.
- Children aged 17 and under are eligible for reduced rates: 0-5 are free, 6-12 are ¼ price and 13-17 are ½ price.
- An additional charge is made for any optional outings taken during a Brunel Manor programme event unless already specified in the programme.
- Accommodation is offered subject to availability. Whilst we endeavour to respond to requests by guests for specific rooms, we reserve the right to change room allocation after a booking has been made.
- Brunel Manor is a Christian Holiday and Conference Centre and as such is not open to long-term or permanent residents.
- Bed and Breakfast includes cereals, preserves, toast, fruit juice, tea and coffee and a Brunel Manor cooked breakfast. Continental breakfast is served on a Sunday.
- Half board includes 3 course evening meal and breakfast on the day of departure.
- Full board holidays include 3 course evening meal, a light 2 course lunch or packed lunch and breakfast on the day of departure.
- On Sundays the main meal is served at lunchtime, with high tea as an optional extra being served late afternoon. We regret that we can make no allowance for meals not taken. An earlier evening meal can be made as an alternative for younger guests. Please advise reception at the time of booking or when confirmation of numbers is made prior to arrival.
- Within reason, special dietary requirements can be accommodated; however all such requirements must be discussed at the time of booking. Vegetarian options are available by request at reception.
- Brunel Manor cannot guarantee designated work areas for the preparation of meals with allergens or guests with dietary requirements. We will endeavour to accommodate reasonable requests.
- The majority of bedrooms in the manor house are either on the ground floor or can be accessed via a lift. Some bedrooms in the Manor house and the Court and all the bedrooms in the Lodge can only be accessed via a small step or stairs. Guests who are unable to negotiate steps or stairs should advise at the time of booking. We cannot guarantee availability.
- There are a limited number of rooms available suitable for those needing support with their mobility, however those with any specific requirements for equipment, eg. hoists, wheelchairs, walking frames, etc, should ensure that they either bring such equipment or make arrangements with a local care equipment supplier. Requests for rooms with disabled facilities should be made at the time of booking.
- Guests who require medical or physical assistance, or who are unable to vacate the premises by themselves in an emergency must be accompanied at all times by a relative, responsible friend or carer.
- With the exception of guide or registered assistance dogs, pets are not allowed on the premises, including being left in cars in the car parks.
- For the comfort and enjoyment of the majority of our guests Brunel Manor is now a designated no-smoking site. However guests who choose to smoke are kindly requested to ask at reception for the location of the designated smoking area.
- Brunel Manor is not licensed to sell alcohol; this condition also applies to visiting groups and individuals, who are not permitted to sell alcohol on Manor property.
- Any mains operated electrical appliances brought by guests must be in good condition, in particular equipment for use in public areas should be PAT tested/inspected. We reserve the right to refuse guests and or groups the use of their own electrical equipment.
- In exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to alter our published terms and programme content, including as a result of changes in taxation. If changes to speaker or programme content are significant, we will endeavour to inform those already booked.
- Brunel Manor is open to all regardless of gender, culture, disability, race, religious beliefs or affiliations. However all teaching that takes place at Brunel Manor must be consistent with the fundamentals of the Christian faith. Woodlands House of Prayer Trust is a Christian charity to which the exemption for religious organisations in paragraph 2 of Schedule 23 of the Equality Act 2010 applies. Please note that, when booking accommodation, restrictions on the sharing of bedrooms apply.
Deposits & Bookings
A non refundable deposit of £5 per person per night secures a booking. In the event of cancellation deposits may be put towards a future booking within the next year.
Brunel Manor reserve the right to refuse a booking at their sole discretion.
- Guests are advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking to avoid liability for the balance of fees which would be due in the event of cancellation.
- Full payment is required 2 weeks before arrival. We accept most debit and credit cards, or payment can be made by BACS or cash. Cheques may be used however payment should be cleared to our bank prior to your arrival.
Cancellation – GROUP BOOKINGS and Conferences
- Cancellation up to 12 months prior to stated arrival date – forfeiture of deposit
- Cancellation from 12 months to 9 months prior to stated arrival date – payment of 25% of full fees
- Cancellation from 9 months to 6 months prior to stated arrival date – payment of 50% of full fees
- Cancellation from 6 months to 3 months prior to stated arrival date – payment of 75% of full fees
- Cancellation from 3 months prior to stated arrival date – payment of full amount
- Please note that the above cancellation charges apply not only to the complete cancellation of a booking, but also to any reduction in the total numbers and accommodation booked. Any decrease in excess of 10% of the numbers originally booked will be treated as a cancellation and charges levied as indicated above
CANCELLATION - BRUNEL TEAM LED BREAKS
Cancellation up to 3 months prior to stated arrival date forfeiture of deposit
Cancellation from 60 days prior to stated arrival payment of 25% of full fees
Cancellation 30 days prior to arrival payment of 50% of full fees
Cancellation 14 days or less to stated arrival date payment of 100% of full fees
All ‘Brunel Team Led Breaks’ may be transferred to another 'Brunel Team Led break' within 11 months of your stated arrival without the loss of your deposit.
The balance of your stay is due two weeks before arrival.
Cancellation – Private Guests
- Cancellation is offered up to 24 hours prior to the day of arrival at 15:00 with the loss only of your deposit.
- You will be liable for the full cost of your booked stay when cancelling less than 24 hours before the day of your arrival at 15:00
The balance of your stay is due prior to check in
Provision of care and nursing
- Brunel Manor is a Christian Holiday and Conference Centre and as such, none of the staff or volunteers are trained, qualified or insured to nurse or to act as carers for guests who require specialist nursing or care. Regrettably, where circumstances dictate, we reserve the right to insist that such persons return home. If in any doubt please check with bookings prior to your visit. All such guests must be accompanied by a responsible and appropriately qualified person to ensure that their specialist needs are met. Professional carers accompanying such guests are eligible for 25% discount.
- Our team is available to pray and talk with guests. However guests should be aware that the Brunel Manor team are not trained or insured to offer formal counselling and we do not operate as a counselling centre.
- It is a condition of The Trust that no visitor be allowed seriously to disturb for others the peaceful atmosphere of the home. Regrettably, where behaviour of individuals is excessively disruptive to others, we reserve the right to refuse their participation in activities, or request that they leave Brunel Manor. No refund of monies will be considered.
Outings and Trips
- A number of events include optional outings to local attractions. Guests electing to go on these outings do so at their own risk and should be aware that we are not equipped or insured to act as helpers for those with physical disabilities. Guests should ensure that they are able to either undertake the outing without assistance, or to make provision themselves for any assistance that may be required.
- Guests should be aware that there will be times when a particular group has exclusive use of a particular facility or area of the manor.
- We reserve the right at our sole discretion to withdraw use of facilities.
- Personal information which we collect as a result of enquiries and bookings is used for Brunel Manor purposes only and is not released for use to third parties.
Damage / Liability
- Whilst Brunel Manor endeavours to ensure the safety of guests and their property, no responsibility is accepted by the Trust or their employees for the care of property of any description including money, valuables, luggage, clothing or motor vehicles belonging to guests.
- We reserve the right to charge guests for any damage caused to Brunel Manor property or equipment.
- Check-in starts at 3.30pm on the day of arrival, with rooms normally ready for occupation by 4.00 pm Guests should vacate their rooms by 10.00am on the day of departure.
- All bedrooms have running hot and cold water; ensuite rooms are equipped with either a bath or shower or both. Bedding, towels for room use and soap are provided for catered groups.
- Those on a catered package will have complimentary hot drink facilities in their bedrooms. Vending machines are available for hot and cold drinks and confectionery throughout the day.
- Groups staying at the Manor receive complimentary tea and coffee with a homemade cake in the afternoons between 4.15pm and 5pm.
- A refrigerator is provided for those guests who need to keep medicinal items refrigerated. For food safety reasons guests are requested not to consume food on the premises that has not been purchased from the Manor. In particular this applies to ‘takeaways’ and other similar foods. Exceptions to this policy are low risk food items, such as pre-packed confectionery, snacks and personal diet supplies.
- Messages for guests may be left at reception on 01803 329333. Bedrooms are not equipped with telephones.
- Guests wishing to watch TV may do so in the lounge which provides access to the main terrestrial TV channels and is also equipped with a DVD. Bedrooms are not equipped with TV or radio.
- Free wireless internet access is available for guest use within most public areas, using privately owned smart phones, tablets and laptops. Please be aware that when large numbers of persons are using the facility at any one time the connection may be slow.
- A laundry, with washing, tumble drying and ironing facilities, is provided for guests' use. Please speak to reception who will confirm costs and times of availability.
- Private guests will be asked to sign when registering at reception that they agree with our Terms and Conditions.